- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 45. Trade Practices
- Section 590. Definitions.
previous: Section 570
next: Section 600
. Express Warranty Required.
AS 45.45.590. Definitions.
In AS 45.45.500
- (1) "business proprietor" means a person who owns a place of business in which the public may assemble and in which
copyrighted musical works may be performed, broadcasted, or otherwise transmitted; in this paragraph, "place of
business" includes a store, professional office, sports facility, entertainment facility, restaurant, hotel, or an
alcoholic beverage establishment licensed under AS 04.11;
- (2) "copyright owner" means the owner of a copyright of a musical work if the copyright is recognized and enforceable
under 17 U.S.C.; "copyright owner" does not include the owner of a copyright in all or part of a motion picture or an
- (3) "musical work" means a nondramatic musical or similar work;
- (4) "performing rights society" means an association or corporation that licenses the public performance of musical works
on behalf of copyright owners, and includes Broadcast Music, Inc., SESAC, Inc., and The American Society of Composers,
Authors, and Publishers;
- (5) "royalties" means the fees payable to a copyright owner or a performing rights society for the public performance of a
- (6) "royalties contract" means a contract for the payment of royalties.
Article 09. WARRANTIES FOR ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY DEVICES AND MOBILITY AIDS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.