- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 45. Trade Practices
- Section 500. Notice Required Before Contract.
previous: Section 400
. Prohibited Transfer of Used Motor Vehicles.
next: Section 510
. Minimum Contents of Royalties Contracts.
AS 45.45.500. Notice Required Before Contract.
A copyright owner or a performing rights society may not enter into, or offer to enter into, a contract for the payment
of royalties by a business proprietor unless at the time of the offer, or within 72 hours before entering into the
contract, the copyright owner or performing rights society provides to the business proprietor a notice containing
- (1) the rates and terms of the royalties under the contract, including any sliding scale, discounts, or reductions in
rates on any basis, for which the business proprietor may be eligible, and any scheduled increases or decreases in
rates during the term of the contract;
- (2) in the case of a performing rights society, a toll free number from which the business proprietor may obtain answers
to inquiries concerning musical works and copyright owners represented by the performing rights society; and
- (3) in the case of a performing rights society, notice that the most recent available list of the members or affiliates
represented by the performing rights society and the most recent available list of the copyrighted musical works in the
performing rights society's repertoire will be available on electronic media through the Cabaret Hotel and Restaurant
Retail Association at the expense of the performing rights society.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.