- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 45. Trade Practices
- Section 510. Minimum Contents of Royalties Contracts.
previous: Section 500
. Notice Required Before Contract.
next: Section 520
. Collection of Royalties.
AS 45.45.510. Minimum Contents of Royalties Contracts.
- (a) A royalties contract entered into, issued, or renewed in this state must be in writing and signed by the parties. The
contract must include at least the
- (1) business proprietor's name and business address, and the name and location of each place of business of the business
proprietor to which the contract applies;
- (2) duration of the contract; and
- (3) terms for the collection of the royalties and a rate schedule for the royalties, including any sliding scale,
discount, or schedule for an increase or decrease of the rates during the term of the contract.
- (b) A contract for the payment of royalties entered into, issued, or renewed in this state may not exceed one year at a
time, unless the contract is under the terms of a national agreement. When each year of the contract ends, the contract
is automatically renewed on the same terms and conditions unless either party to the contract provides the other party
with written notice of the party's desire to terminate the contract or to change the terms and conditions. The notice
must be given at least 30 days before the termination of the current term.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.