- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 29. Secured Transactions
- Section 520. Acceptance and Refusal to Accept Record.
previous: Section 519
. Numbering, Maintaining, and Indexing Records; Communicating Information Provided in Records.
next: Section 521
. Uniform Form of Written Financing Statement and Amendment.
AS 45.29.520. Acceptance and Refusal to Accept Record.
- (a) A filing office shall refuse to accept a record for filing for a reason set out in AS 45.29.516
(b) and may refuse to accept a record for filing only for a reason set out in AS 45.29.516
- (b) If a filing office refuses to accept a record for filing, the filing office shall communicate to the person who
presented the record the fact of and reason for the refusal and the date and time the record would have been filed had
the filing office accepted it. The communication must be made at the time and in the manner prescribed by filing office
regulation but, in the case of a filing office described in AS 45.29.501
(a)(2), no more than two business days after the filing office receives the record.
- (c) A filed financing statement satisfying AS 45.29.502
(a) and (b) is effective even if the filing office is required to refuse to accept it for filing under (a) of this
section. However, AS 45.29.338
applies to a filed financing statement providing information described in AS 45.29.516(b)(5) that is incorrect at the time the
financing statement is filed.
- (d) If a record communicated to a filing office provides information that relates to more than one debtor, AS 45.29.501
- 45.29.525 applies as to each debtor separately.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.