- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 29. Secured Transactions
- Section 501. Filing Office.
previous: Section 409
. Restrictions On Assignment of Letter-of-Credit Rights Ineffective.
next: Section 502
. Contents of Financing Statement; Mortgage as Financing Statement; Time of Filing Financing Statement.
AS 45.29.501. Filing Office.
- (a) Except as otherwise provided in (b) of this section, if the law of this state governs perfection of a security
interest or agricultural lien, the office in which to file a financing statement to perfect the security interest or
agricultural lien is
- (1) the office designated for the recording of a mortgage on the related real property if
- (A) the collateral is as-extracted collateral or timber to be cut; or
- (B) the financing statement is filed for record as a fixture filing and the collateral is goods that are or are to become
- (2) in all other cases, the central filing office of the Department of Natural Resources established under AS 44.37.027
, including a case in which the collateral consists of goods that are or are to become fixtures and the financing
statement is not filed for record as a fixture filing.
- (b) The office in which to file a financing statement to perfect a security interest in collateral, including fixtures, of
a transmitting utility is the central filing office of the Department of Natural Resources established under AS 44.37.027
. The financing statement also constitutes a fixture filing as to the collateral indicated in the financing statement
that is or is to become fixtures.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.