- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 37. Department of Natural Resources
- Section 27. Uniform Commercial Code Filing.
previous: Section 25
next: Section 30
. Duties of Department With Respect to Agriculture.
AS 44.37.027. Uniform Commercial Code Filing.
- (a) The Department of Natural Resources shall maintain a central filing office for the filing of documents relating to
secured transactions under AS 45.29.
- (b) The Department of Natural Resources may adopt regulations prescribing the records to be maintained and the documents
to be filed, consistent with AS 45.29.
- (c) The Department of Natural Resources shall prescribe in regulation, and account for, filing fees and shall do all other
things necessary to maintain the central filing office. For a document that is to be filed for multiple purposes, the
department may collect the applicable filing fee for each of the multiple purposes.
- (d) To keep the filing office regulations and practices of the filing office in harmony with the regulations and practices
of filing offices in other jurisdictions that enact laws that are substantially similar to AS 45.29.501
- 45.29.525, and to keep the technology used by the
filing office compatible with the technology used by filing offices in those other jurisdictions, the Department of
Natural Resources, so far as is consistent with the purposes, policies, and provisions of AS 44.37.010 - 44.37.050, in adopting, amending, and repealing filing
office regulations, shall
- (1) consult with filing offices in other jurisdictions that enact laws that are substantially similar to AS 45.29.501
- 45.29.525; and
- (2) consult the most recent version of the Model Rules promulgated by the International Association of Corporate
Administrators or any successor organization; and
- (3) take into consideration the regulations and practices of, and the technology used by, filing offices in other
jurisdictions that enact laws that are substantially similar to AS 45.29.501
- (e) The Department of Natural Resources shall report annually on or before January 15 to the governor on the operation of
the filing office described in AS 45.29.501
(a)(2). The report must contain a statement of the extent to which the filing office regulations are not in harmony
- (1) the regulations of filing offices in other jurisdictions that enact laws that are substantially similar to AS 45.29.501
- 45.29.525 and the reasons for these variations; and
- (2) the most recent version of the Model Rules promulgated by the International Association of Corporate Administrators,
or any successor organization, and the reasons for these variations.
- (f) Under AS 37.05.146
(c), fees for services of the Department of Natural Resources related to uniform commercial code filing under this
section shall be accounted for separately, and appropriations from the account are not made from the unrestricted
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.