- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 29. Secured Transactions
- Section 502. Contents of Financing Statement; Mortgage as Financing Statement; Time of Filing Financing Statement.
previous: Section 501
. Filing Office.
next: Section 503
. Name of Debtor and Secured Party.
AS 45.29.502. Contents of Financing Statement; Mortgage as Financing Statement; Time of Filing Financing Statement.
- (a) Subject to (b) of this section, a financing statement is sufficient only if it
- (1) provides the name of the debtor;
- (2) provides the name of the secured party or a representative of the secured party; and
- (3) indicates the collateral covered by the financing statement.
- (b) Except as otherwise provided in AS 45.29.501
(b), to be sufficient, a financing statement that covers as-extracted collateral or timber to be cut, or that is filed
as a fixture filing and covers goods that are or are to become fixtures, must
- (1) satisfy (a) of this section;
- (2) indicate that the financing statement covers this type of collateral;
- (3) indicate that the financing statement is to be filed for record in the real property records;
- (4) provide a description of the real property to which the collateral is related sufficient to give constructive notice
of a mortgage under the law of this state if the description were contained in the mortgage of the real property; and
- (5) if the debtor does not have an interest of record in the real property, provide the name of a record owner.
- (c) A mortgage is effective from the date of recording as a financing statement filed as a fixture filing or as a
financing statement covering as-extracted collateral or timber to be cut only if
- (1) the mortgage indicates the goods or accounts that it covers;
- (2) the goods are or are to become fixtures related to the real property described in the mortgage or the collateral is
related to the real property described in the mortgage and is as-extracted collateral or timber to be cut;
- (3) the mortgage satisfies the requirements for a financing statement in this section other than an indication that it is
to be filed in the real property records; and
- (4) the mortgage is recorded.
- (d) A financing statement may be filed before a security agreement is made or a security interest otherwise attaches.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.