- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 29. Secured Transactions
- Section 503. Name of Debtor and Secured Party.
previous: Section 502
. Contents of Financing Statement; Mortgage as Financing Statement; Time of Filing Financing Statement.
next: Section 504
. Indication of Collateral.
AS 45.29.503. Name of Debtor and Secured Party.
- (a) A financing statement sufficiently provides the name of the debtor
- (1) if the debtor is a registered organization, only if the financing statement provides the name of the debtor indicated
on the public record of the debtor's jurisdiction of organization that shows the debtor to have been organized;
- (2) if the debtor is a decedent's estate, only if the financing statement provides the name of the decedent and indicates
that the debtor is an estate;
- (3) if the debtor is a trust or a trustee acting with respect to property held in trust, only if the financing statement
- (A) provides the name specified for the trust in its organic documents or, if no name is specified, provides the name of
the settlor and additional information sufficient to distinguish the debtor from other trusts having one or more of the
same settlors; and
- (B) indicates, in the debtor's name or otherwise, that the debtor is a trust or is a trustee acting with respect to
property held in trust; and
- (4) in other cases, if the debtor
- (A) has a name, only if the financing statement provides the individual or organizational name of the debtor; and
- (B) does not have a name, only if the financing statement provides the names of the partners, members, associates, or
other persons comprising the debtor.
- (b) A financing statement that provides the name of the debtor in accordance with (a) of this section is not rendered
ineffective by the absence of
- (1) a trade name or other name of the debtor; or
- (2) unless required under (a)(4)(B) of this section, names of partners, members, associates, or other persons comprising
- (c) A financing statement that provides only the debtor's trade name does not sufficiently provide the name of the debtor.
- (d) Failure to indicate the representative capacity of a secured party or representative of a secured party does not
affect the sufficiency of a financing statement.
- (e) A financing statement may provide the name of more than one debtor and the name of more than one secured party.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.