- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 29. Secured Transactions
- Section 512. Amendment of Financing Statement.
previous: Section 511
. Secured Party of Record.
next: Section 513
. Termination Statement.
AS 45.29.512. Amendment of Financing Statement.
- (a) Subject to AS 45.29.509
, a person may add or delete collateral covered by, continue or terminate the effectiveness of, or, subject to (e) of
this section, otherwise amend the information provided in, a financing statement by filing an amendment that
- (1) identifies by its file number the initial financing statement to which the amendment relates; and
- (2) if the amendment relates to an initial financing statement filed or recorded in a filing office described in AS 45.29.501
(a)(1), provides the date that the initial financing statement was filed or recorded and the information specified in
- (b) Except as otherwise provided in AS 45.29.515
, the filing of an amendment does not extend the period of effectiveness of the financing statement.
- (c) A financing statement that is amended by an amendment that adds collateral is effective as to the added collateral
only from the date of the filing of the amendment.
- (d) A financing statement that is amended by an amendment that adds a debtor is effective as to the added debtor only from
the date of the filing of the amendment.
- (e) An amendment is ineffective to the extent it purports to delete all
- (1) debtors and fails to provide the name of a debtor to be covered by the financing statement; or
- (2) secured parties of record and fails to provide the name of a new secured party of record.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.