- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 10. Alaska Retail Installment Sales Act
- Section 100. Consolidation of Contracts.
previous: Section 90
. Receipts and Requests For Statements.
next: Section 110
. Notice of Service Charge and Monthly Statement.
AS 45.10.100. Consolidation of Contracts.
- (a) If, in a retail installment transaction, a retail buyer makes a purchase of goods or services from a retail seller
from whom the buyer has previously purchased goods or services under a retail installment contract, and the amount
under the previous contract has not been fully paid, the subsequent purchase may, at the seller's option, be included
in and consolidated with the previous contract. This chapter, with respect to a retail installment contract, is
applicable to the subsequent purchase. In the event of consolidation, the seller shall furnish to the buyer, before
the due date of the first installment of the consolidated contract, the items of information under AS 45.10.030
or 45.10.040 and a memorandum setting out
- (1) the outstanding balance of the previous contract or contracts;
- (2) the amount of the time balance owed by the buyer to the seller for the subsequent purchase;
- (3) the consolidated time balance; and
- (4) the revised installments applicable to the consolidated time balance.
- (b) The seller shall deliver a copy of the memorandum to the buyer before the due date of the first installment of the
- (c) When the subsequent purchase is made, if the seller has retained title or taken a lien or other security interest in
any of the goods purchased under one of the contracts included in the consolidation,
- (1) the entire amount of all payments made before the subsequent purchase is considered to have been applied on the
- (2) if the amount of each installment payment is not increased in connection with the subsequent purchase, the subsequent
payments are considered to be allocated first to the previous purchase;
- (3) if the amount of each installment payment is increased in connection with the subsequent purchase, an amount equal to
the original periodic payment is allocated first to the previous purchase, and the amount of the increase may, at the
seller's option, be considered to be allocated to the subsequent purchase;
- (4) the amount of a down payment on the subsequent purchase is allocated in its entirety to the subsequent purchase.
- (d) The provisions of (c) of this section do not apply to a case where the previous and subsequent purchases involve
equipment, parts, or other goods attached or affixed to goods previously purchased and not fully paid, or to services
in connection with goods previously purchased and not fully paid, rendered by the seller at the buyer's request.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.