- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 10. Alaska Retail Installment Sales Act
- Section 30. Contents of Contract.
previous: Section 20
. Buyer's Copy.
next: Section 40
. Other Documents.
AS 45.10.030. Contents of Contract.
- (a) The retail installment contract must contain the names of the seller and the buyer, the place of business of the
seller, the residence or other address of the buyer as named by the buyer, and a description or identification of the
goods sold or to be sold or services furnished or rendered or to be furnished or rendered. The contract must also
contain the following items:
- (1) the cash sale price of each item of goods or services;
- (2) the amount of the buyer's down payment, identifying the amounts paid in money and allowed for goods traded in;
- (3) the difference between items (1) and (2);
- (4) the aggregate amount included for insurance, if a separate identified charge is made for insurance, specifying the
types of insurance and the terms of coverage;
- (5) the aggregate amount of official fees;
- (6) the principal balance, which is the sum of items (3), (4), (5) and (11);
- (7) the amount or rate of the service charge;
- (8) any other charges;
- (9) the amount of the time balance owed by the buyer to the seller, which is the sum of items (6), (7), if (7) is stated
in a dollar amount, (8), and (11);
- (10) except as provided in (c) of this section, the maximum number of installment payments required and the amount of each
installment and the due date of each payment necessary to pay the balance.
- (11) if the retail installment contract is for the sale of a motor vehicle, the amount, if any, that the seller
agrees to pay to discharge an outstanding obligation of the buyer under an existing motor vehicle agreement, loan, installment sales
contract, or lease.
- (b) Additional items may be included to explain the calculations involved in determining the balance to be paid by the
- (c) If the installment payments other than the final payment are stated as a series of equal scheduled amounts and if the
amount of the final installment payment does not substantially exceed the scheduled amount of each preceding
installment payment, the maximum number of payments and the amount and due date of each payment need not be separately
stated, and the amount of the scheduled final installment payment may be stated as the remaining unpaid balance. The
due date of the first installment payment may be fixed by a day or date or may be fixed by reference to the date of the
contract or to the time of delivery or installation.
- (d) The contract is not required to state the items in (a) of this section in the order stated in (a) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.