- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 2. Sales
- Section 711. Buyer's Remedies in General; Buyer's Security Interest in Rejected Goods.
previous: Section 710
. Seller's Incidental Damages.
next: Section 712
. "Cover"; Buyer's Procurement of Substitute Goods.
AS 45.02.711. Buyer's Remedies in General; Buyer's Security Interest in Rejected Goods.
- (a) If the seller fails to make delivery or repudiates or the buyer rightfully rejects or justifiably revokes acceptance,
then, with respect to goods involved and with respect to the whole if the breach goes to the whole contract (AS 45.02.612
), the buyer may cancel and, whether or not the buyer has done so, may, in addition to recovering so much of the price
as has been paid,
- (1) "cover" and have damages under AS 45.02.712
as to all the goods affected, whether or not they have been identified to the contract; or
- (2) recover damages for nondelivery as provided in AS 45.02.713
- (b) If the seller fails to deliver or repudiates, the buyer may also
- (1) if the goods have been identified, recover them as provided in AS 45.02.502; or
- (2) in a proper case obtain specific performance or replevy the goods as provided in AS 45.02.716
- (c) On rightful rejection or justifiable revocation of acceptance, a buyer has a security interest in goods in the
possession or control of the buyer for payments made on their price and expenses reasonably incurred in their
inspection, receipt, transportation, care, and custody and may hold the goods and resell them in like manner as an
aggrieved seller (AS 45.02.706
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.