- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 2. Sales
- Section 716. Buyer's Right to Specific Performance or Replevin.
previous: Section 715
. Buyer's Incidental and Consequential Damages.
next: Section 717
. Deduction of Damages From the Price.
AS 45.02.716. Buyer's Right to Specific Performance or Replevin.
- (a) Specific performance may be decreed where the goods are unique or in other proper circumstances.
- (b) The decree for specific performance may include such terms and conditions as to payment of the price, damages, or
other relief as the court considers just.
- (c) The buyer has a right of replevin for goods identified to the contract if after reasonable effort the buyer is unable
to effect cover for the goods or the circumstances reasonably indicate that such effort will be unavailing or if the
goods have been shipped under reservation and satisfaction of the security interest in them has been made or tendered.
In the case of goods bought for personal, family, or household purposes, the buyer's right of replevin vests upon
acquisition of a special property even if the seller had not then repudiated or failed to deliver.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.