- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 2. Sales
- Section 712. "Cover"; Buyer's Procurement of Substitute Goods.
previous: Section 711
. Buyer's Remedies in General; Buyer's Security Interest in Rejected Goods.
next: Section 713
. Buyer's Damages For Nondelivery or Repudiation.
AS 45.02.712. "Cover"; Buyer's Procurement of Substitute Goods.
- (a) After a breach within AS 45.02.711
, the buyer may "cover" by making in good faith and without unreasonable delay a reasonable purchase of or contract to
purchase goods in substitution for those due from the seller.
- (b) The buyer may recover from the seller as damages the difference between the cost of cover and the contract price
together with any incidental or consequential damages as defined in AS 45.02.715
, but less expenses saved in consequence of the seller's breach.
- (c) Failure of the buyer to effect cover within this section does not bar the buyer from any other remedy.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.