- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 37. Department of Natural Resources
- Section 69. Definitions.
previous: Section 67
. Powers and Duties.
next: Section 100
. - 44.37.180l Northwestern Alaska Development Commission. [Repealed, Sec. 99 Ch 59 SLA 1982].
AS 44.37.069. Definitions.
In AS 44.37.065
- (1) "commission" means the Alaska Seismic Hazards Safety Commission;
- (2) "disaster preparedness" means establishing plans and programs for responding to and distributing funds to alleviate
losses from a disaster as defined in AS 26.23.900
- (3) "seismic hazard" means an earthquake-induced geologic condition that is a potential danger to life and
property; in this paragraph, "geologic condition" includes strong ground shaking, landslide, avalanche, liquefaction, tsunami inundation,
fault displacement, and subsidence;
- (4) "seismic hazard mitigation" or "mitigation" mean activities that prevent or alleviate the harmful effects of seismic
hazards to persons and property, including identification and evaluation of the seismic hazards, assessment of the
risks, and implementation of measures to reduce potential losses before a damaging event occurs.
- (5) "tsunami" means a large ocean wave produced by an earthquake, landslide, or volcanic eruption.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.