- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 37. Department of Natural Resources
- Section 65. Commission Established; Membership.
previous: Section 60
. Certain Powers and Duties of the Deputy Commissioner.
next: Section 67
. Powers and Duties.
AS 44.37.065. Commission Established; Membership.
- (a) The Alaska Seismic Hazards Safety Commission is established in the Department of Natural Resources. The Department of
Natural Resources shall provide staff support to the commission.
- (b) The commission is composed of 11 members appointed by the governor for terms of three years. A vacancy is filled for the unexpired term.
- (c) The governor shall appoint to the commission
- (1) a representative from the University of Alaska;
- (2) three representatives, each from a local government in a separate seismically active region of the state;
- (3) a representative from the Department of Natural Resources;
- (4) a representative from the Department of Military and Veterans' Affairs;
- (5) a representative from an appropriate federal agency;
- (6) a representative of the insurance industry; and
- (7) three members from members of the public who are expert in the fields of geology, seismology, hydrology, geotechnical
engineering, structural engineering, emergency services, or planning.
- (d) The commission shall elect annually from its members a chair and vice-chair. A majority of the commission may vote to
replace an officer of the commission.
- (e) Six members constitute a quorum.
- (f) Members of the Alaska Seismic Hazards Safety Commission serve without compensation but are entitled to per diem and
travel expenses authorized for boards and commissions under AS 39.20.180
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.