- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 33. Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development
- Section 119. Purposes.
previous: Section 118
next: Section 120
. Tourism Duties.
AS 44.33.119. Purposes.
The purposes of AS 44.33.119
- 44.33.135 are to
- (1) encourage the expansion and growth of the state's visitor industry for the benefit of the citizens of the state;
- (2) ensure that the economic benefits to be derived from tourism in the state are retained in the state, to the greatest
- (3) ensure that a maximum number of residents of the state are employed in the tourism industry;
- (4) ensure that consideration is given in the development and implementation of the tourism program to local community
goals and objectives, to impacts on existing private enterprises, and to impacts on recreational and subsistence
opportunities for the residents of the state;
- (5) promote the development of tourism opportunities throughout the state, including along the highway system of the
state, the marine highway, and in rural areas of the state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.