- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 33. Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development
- Section 135. Grants For Promotion or Development of Visitor Travel.
previous: Section 130
. Division Contract. [Repealed, Sec. 11 Ch 78 SLA 1988].
next: Section 140
. - 44.33.180l Grants; Matching Money; Limitations; Administration. [Repealed, Sec. 11 Ch 78 SLA 1988].
AS 44.33.135. Grants For Promotion or Development of Visitor Travel.
- (a) A municipality, a nonprofit corporation formed under AS 10.20,
or a bona fide nonprofit civic, fraternal, or service organization may receive, as a grant, matching money from the
state for up to 50 percent of the costs of a program or project that the commissioner of commerce, community, and
economic development determines is consistent with the purposes of AS 44.33.119
and is likely to promote or develop visitor travel, including
- (1) the promotion of conventions;
- (2) the construction, improvement, or operation of visitor destination facilities and tourist attractions; and
- (3) the development and preservation of attractions of historical, contemporary, recreational, or cultural interest.
- (b) The commissioner of commerce, community, and economic development shall adopt regulations to carry out the provisions
of this section.
- (c) A grant awarded under this section may not be used for tourism marketing.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.