- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 21. Department of Administration
- Section 430. Attorneys Engaged By Public Advocacy Office.
previous: Section 420
. Employment of Office Personnel.
next: Section 440
. Conflicts of Interests.
AS 44.21.430. Attorneys Engaged By Public Advocacy Office.
- (a) Only an attorney admitted to the practice of law in this state may be retained under contract by the office of public
advocacy to provide legal representation. A person is not eligible to be an attorney employed by the office unless
admitted to the practice of law in this state no later than 10 months following the commencement of the person's
employment by the office.
- (b) An attorney employed by the office of public advocacy may not engage in the private practice of law unless the
attorney provides services to the office as an independent contractor.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.