- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 21. Department of Administration
- Section 420. Employment of Office Personnel.
previous: Section 415
. Office of Elder Fraud and Assistance.
next: Section 430
. Attorneys Engaged By Public Advocacy Office.
AS 44.21.420. Employment of Office Personnel.
- (a) The commissioner of administration may employ guardians ad litem, public guardians, clerical staff, and other
assistants that the commissioner determines are needed to perform the duties set out in AS 44.21.410. Employees under this subsection are in the
classified service under AS 39.25.100
- (b) The commissioner of administration may employ attorneys needed to perform the duties set out in AS 44.21.410
. Attorneys employed by the commissioner of administration in the office of public advocacy are in the partially exempt
service under AS 39.25.120
- (c) The commissioner of administration may contract for services of court-appointed visitors and experts needed to perform
the duties set out in AS 44.21.410
. The commissioner may contract with attorneys to provide legal representation, and with other persons to provide
guardian ad litem services, as needed to perform the duties set out in AS 44.21.410
. The commissioner may determine the rate of compensation for contractual services, taking into account the time
involved, the skill and experience required, and other pertinent factors.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.