- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 21. Department of Administration
- Section 45. Information Services Fund; Charges.
previous: Section 40
. Records or Accounts of Claims and Warrants.
next: Section 50
. Penalty For Allowance of False, Unjust or Illegal Claims. [Repealed, Sec. 4 Ch 51 SLA 1985].
AS 44.21.045. Information Services Fund; Charges.
- (a) The information services fund is established as an internal services fund in the Department of Administration. The
fund consists of money appropriated to it, money transferred to the department by political subdivisions and state
agencies as reimbursement for information services provided by the department, and the proceeds from the sale of
surplus or other assets of the department used for information services.
- (b) Money transferred to the department by a political subdivision or state agency for information services for a fiscal
year that exceeds the appropriation to the department for information services provided to the political subdivision or
state agency for that fiscal year constitutes program receipts that are subject to the procedures of AS 37.07.080(h).
- (c) Except as provided in (b) of this section, money in the fund established under (a) of this section may be expended
only in accordance with legislative appropriations. Money appropriated to the fund may be used for
- (1) the costs of the commissioner in carrying out the commissioner's duties under AS 44.21.350 - 44.21.390, including the costs of performing reviews and studies
considered necessary by the commissioner under AS 44.21.350;
- (2) necessary expenses of providing information services to political subdivisions and state agencies;
- (3) additions, replacements, or improvement of capital equipment for information services; requests by the department for
capital equipment expenditures shall be included in the budget submitted by the governor to the legislature under AS 37.07; and
- (4) other purposes as specified in an appropriation to the fund.
- (d) The department may charge and collect fees and surcharges for information services provided by it to agencies and
political subdivisions of the state. The department shall maintain cost accounting records to support rates and
billings for information services provided by the department. The department shall submit a report on the operation of
the fund to the governor at the time of submission of the departmental budget and notify the legislature that the
report is available.
- (e) A state agency that receives information services from the department shall include in its annual budget, as an
identifiable item, its expected fees and surcharges for information services provided by the Department of
- (f) Fees and surcharges for information services of the department are subject to annual review and approval by the
commissioner of the department.
- (g) In this section, "information services" includes automatic data processing services provided under AS 44.21.150
- 44.21.170 and telecommunications services and
operations described in AS 44.21.305
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.