- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 55. Oil and Gas Production Tax and Oil Surcharge
- Section 30. Filing of Statements.
previous: Section 28
. Oil and Gas Tax Credit Fund Established; Cash Purchases of Tax Credit Certificates.
next: Section 40
. Powers of Department of Revenue.
AS 43.55.030. Filing of Statements.
- (a) A producer that produces oil or gas from a lease or property in the state during a calendar year, whether or
not any tax payment is due under AS 43.55.020 (a) for that oil or gas, shall file with the department on March
31 of the following year a statement, under oath, in a form prescribed by the department, giving, with other information required, the
- (1) a description of each lease or property from which oil or gas was produced, by name, legal description, lease
number, or accounting codes assigned by the department;
- (2) the names of the producer and, if different, the person paying the tax, if any;
- (3) the gross amount of oil and the gross amount of gas produced from each lease or property, and the percentage
of the gross amount of oil and gas owned by the producer;
- (4) the gross value at the point of production of the oil and of the gas produced from each lease or property
owned by the producer and the costs of transportation of the oil and gas;
- (5) the name of the first purchaser and the price received for the oil and for the gas, unless relieved from
this requirement in whole or in part by the department;
- (6) the producer's qualified capital expenditures, as defined in AS 43.55.023, other lease expenditures under AS 43.55.165 , and adjustments or other payments or credits under AS 43.55.170 ;
- (7) the production tax values of the oil and gas under AS 43.55.160 ;
- (8) any claims for tax credits to be applied; and
- (9) calculations showing the amounts, if any, that were or are due under AS 43.55.020 (a) and interest on any underpayment or overpayment.
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 11 ch 101 SLA 1972].
- (c) [Repealed, Sec. 11 ch 101 SLA 1972].
- (d) Reports required under this section are delinquent the first day following the day the report is due. The
person required to file the report is liable for a penalty, as determined by the department under standards adopted in regulation by the
department, of not more than $1,000 for each day the person fails to file the report at the time required. The penalty is in addition to
the penalties in AS 43.05.220 and 43.05.290 and is assessed, collected, and paid in the same manner as a tax
deficiency under this title. In this subsection, "report" includes a statement.
- (e) An explorer or producer that incurs a lease expenditure under AS 43.55.165 or receives a payment or credit under AS 43.55.170 during a calendar year but does not produce oil or gas from a
lease or property in the state during the calendar year shall file with the department on March 31 of the following year a statement,
under oath, in a form prescribed by the department, giving, with other information required, the following:
- (1) the producer's qualified capital expenditures, as defined in AS 43.55.023, other lease expenditures under AS 43.55.165 , and adjustments or other payments or credits under AS 43.55.170 ; and
- (2) if the explorer or producer receives a payment or credit under AS 43.55.170, calculations showing whether the explorer or producer is liable
for a tax under AS 43.55.160 (d) or 43.55.170(b) and, if so, the amount.
- (f) The department may require a producer, an explorer, or an operator of a lease or property to file monthly
reports, as applicable, of
- (1) the amounts and gross value at the point of production of oil and gas produced;
- (2) transportation costs of the oil and gas;
- (3) any unscheduled interruption of, or reduction in the rate of, oil or gas production;
- (4) lease expenditures and adjustments under AS 43.55.165 and 43.55.170;
- (5) joint interest billings;
- (6) contracts for the sale or transportation of oil or gas;
- (7) information and calculations used in determining monthly installment payments of estimated tax under AS 43.55.020 (a); and
- (8) other records and information the department considers necessary for the administration of this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.