- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 55. Oil and Gas Production Tax and Oil Surcharge
- Section 170. Adjustment to Lease Expenditures.
previous: Section 165
. Lease Expenditures.
next: Section 180
. Required Report.
AS 43.55.170. Adjustment to Lease Expenditures.
- (a) A producer's lease expenditures under AS 43.55.165 must be adjusted by subtracting payments or credits, other than
tax credits, received by the producer or by an operator acting for the producer for
- (1) the use by another person of a production facility in which the producer has an ownership interest or the
management by the producer of a production facility under a management agreement providing for the producer to receive a management fee;
- (2) a reimbursement or similar payment that offsets the producer's lease expenditures, including an insurance
recovery from a third-party insurer and a payment from the state or federal government for reimbursement of the producer's upstream
costs, including costs for gathering, separating, cleaning, dehydration, compressing, or other field handling associated with the
production of oil or gas upstream of the point of production;
- (3) the sale or other transfer of
- (A) an asset, including geological, geophysical, or well data or interpretations, acquired by the producer as a
result of a lease expenditure or an expenditure that would be a lease expenditure if it were incurred after March 31, 2006; for purposes
of this subparagraph,
- (i) if a producer removes from the state, for use outside the state, an asset described in this subparagraph,
the value of the asset at the time it is removed is considered a payment received by the producer for sale or transfer of the asset;
- (ii) for a transaction that is an internal transfer or is otherwise not an arm's length transaction, if the sale or
transfer of the asset is made for less than fair market value, the amount subtracted must be the fair market value; and
- (B) oil or gas
- (i) that is not considered produced from a lease or property under AS 43.55.020 (e); and
- (ii) the cost of acquiring which is a lease expenditure incurred by the person that acquires the oil or gas.
- (b) Except as otherwise provided under this subsection, if one or more payments or credits subject to this
section are received by a producer or by an operator acting for the producer during a calendar year and if either the total amount of
the payments or credits exceeds the amount of the producer's applicable lease expenditures for that calendar year or the producer has no
lease expenditures for that calendar year, the producer shall nevertheless subtract those payments or credits from the lease expenditures
or from zero, respectively, and the producer's applicable adjusted lease expenditures for that calendar year are a negative number and
shall be applied to the pertinent calculation under AS 43.55.160 (a) as a negative number.
- (c) For purposes of AS 43.55.023 (a) and (b) and only as to expenditures incurred to explore for
an oil or gas deposit located within land in which an explorer does not own a working interest, the term "producer" in this section
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.