- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 55. Oil and Gas Production Tax and Oil Surcharge
- Section 180. Required Report.
previous: Section 170
. Adjustment to Lease Expenditures.
next: Section 200
. Surcharge Levied. [Repealed, Sec. 43 Ch 128 SLA 1994].
AS 43.55.180. Required Report.
- (a) The department shall study
- (1) the effects of the provisions of this chapter on oil and gas exploration, development, and production in the
state, on investment expenditures for oil and gas exploration, development, and production in the state, on the entry of new producers
into the oil and gas industry in the state, on state revenue, and on tax administration and compliance, giving particular attention to
the tax rates provided under AS 43.55.011 , the tax credits provided under AS 43.55.023 - 43.55.025, and the deductions for and adjustments to lease
expenditures provided under AS 43.55.160 - 43.55.170; and
- (2) the effects of the tax rates under AS 43.55.011 (i) on state revenue and on oil and gas exploration, development,
and production on private land, and the fairness of those tax rates for private landowners.
- (b) The department shall prepare a report on or before the first day of the 2011 regular session of the
legislature on the results of the study made under (a) of this section, including recommendations as to whether any changes should be
made to this chapter. The department shall notify the legislature that the report prepared under this subsection is available.
Article 02. CONSERVATION SURCHARGE ON OIL
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.