- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 50. Tobacco Taxes and Sales
- Section 200. Nonparticipating Manufacturer Equity Excise Tax.
previous: Section 190
. Additional Tax Levy On Cigarettes.
next: Section 300
. Excise Tax Levied.
AS 43.50.200. Nonparticipating Manufacturer Equity Excise Tax.
- (a) There is levied an excise tax of 12.5 mills on each cigarette imported or acquired in this state from a
- (b) The tax levied by this section is in addition to the taxes levied by AS 43.50.010
- 43.50.190. The tax shall be administered and
collected in the same manner as the taxes levied by AS 43.50.010
- 43.50.180, except that receipts from the tax shall
be deposited in the general fund. The penalties provided in AS 43.05 and this chapter apply to the tax levied in this section.
- (c) In this section, "nonparticipating manufacturer" means a tobacco product manufacturer as defined in AS 45.53.100
that is not a participating manufacturer as that term is defined in sec. II(jj) of the Master Settlement Agreement.
Article 03. EXCISE TAX ON CERTAIN TOBACCO PRODUCTS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.