- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 50. Tobacco Taxes and Sales
- Section 10. License.
previous: Chapter 50
. Tobacco Taxes and Sales
next: Section 20
. Separate Licenses.
AS 43.50.010. License.
- (a) A person may not sell, purchase, possess, or acquire cigarettes as a manufacturer, distributor, direct-buying
retailer, vending machine operator, or buyer without a license.
- (b) The department, upon application and payment of the fee, shall issue a license to each manufacturer, distributor,
direct-buying retailer, vending machine operator, or buyer. The department shall adopt reasonable regulations that it
considers necessary in respect to the application for and the issuance of licenses.
- (c) The department may refuse to issue a license if there is reasonable cause to believe that the applicant has wilfully
withheld information requested to determine the applicant's eligibility to receive a license, or if there is reasonable
cause to believe that information submitted in the application is false or misleading and is not made in good faith.
- (d) A license required by AS 43.50.010
- 43.50.180 is in addition to any other license
required by law.
- (e) A license issued under AS 43.50.010
- 43.50.180 must include
- (1) the name and address of the licensee;
- (2) the type of business to be conducted; and
- (3) the year for which the license is issued.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.