- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 50. Tobacco Taxes and Sales
- Section 190. Additional Tax Levy On Cigarettes.
previous: Section 180
. Short Title.
next: Section 200
. Nonparticipating Manufacturer Equity Excise Tax.
AS 43.50.190. Additional Tax Levy On Cigarettes.
- (a) There is levied an excise tax on each cigarette imported or acquired in this state,
- (1) after December 31, 2004, but before July 1, 2006, 42 mills;
- (2) after June 30, 2006, but before July 1, 2007, 52 mills;
- (3) after June 30, 2007, 62 mills.
- (b) The tax levied by this section is in addition to the tax levied by AS 43.50.010
- 43.50.180. The tax shall be administered and
collected in the same manner as the tax levied by AS 43.50.010
- 43.50.180, except that receipts from the tax shall
be deposited in the general fund. The penalties provided in AS 43.05 and this chapter apply to the tax levied in this section.
- (c) The tax imposed under (a) of this section does not apply to the first 400 cigarettes personally transported into the
state by an individual for that individual's personal consumption during the calendar month.
- (d) A portion of the annual proceeds of the tax levied under (a) of this section equal to 8.9 percent of the total
proceeds of the tax shall be deposited into the tobacco use education and cessation fund established in AS 37.05.580
. This deposit shall be in addition to any sums deposited into the fund under AS 37.05.580
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.