- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 37. Public Finance
- Chapter 5. Fiscal Procedures Act
- Section 580. Tobacco Use Education and Cessation Fund.
previous: Section 570
. Alaska Public Building Fund.
next: Section 590
. Civil Legal Services Fund.
AS 37.05.580. Tobacco Use Education and Cessation Fund.
- (a) There is created as a special account in the general fund the tobacco use education and cessation fund into which
shall be deposited 20 percent annually of the revenue derived from the settlement of State of Alaska v. Philip Morris,
Incorporated, et al, No. 1JU-97-915 CI (Alaska Super. 1997). The purpose of the tobacco use education and cessation
fund is to provide a source to finance the comprehensive smoking education, tobacco use prevention, and tobacco control
program authorized by AS 44.29.020
- (b) The legislature may make appropriations from the tobacco use education and cessation fund for the comprehensive
smoking education, tobacco use prevention, and tobacco control program established under AS 44.29.020
- (c) Nothing in this section creates a dedicated fund.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.