- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 30. Insurance and Supplemental Employee Benefits
- Section 80. Definitions.
previous: Section 70
. Studies and Reports. [Repealed, Sec. 35 Ch 126 SLA 1994].
next: Section 90
. Procurement of Group Insurance.
AS 39.30.080. Definitions.
In AS 39.30.010
- (1) "department" means the Department of Administration;
- (2) "employee" includes an officer of a political subdivision of the state;
- (3) "employment" means any service performed by an employee of a political subdivision of the state, except (A) service
that in the absence of an agreement entered into under AS 39.30.010
- 39.30.080 would constitute "employment" as defined
in the Social Security Act; or (B) service that under the Social Security Act may not be included in an agreement
between the state and the Federal Security Administrator entered into under AS 39.30.010
- (4) "Federal Insurance Contributions Act" means subchapter A of chapter 9 of the Federal Internal Revenue Code as amended;
- (5) "Federal Security Administrator" includes an individual to whom the Federal Security Administrator has delegated any
functions under the Social Security Act with respect to coverage under that act of employees of states and territories
and their political subdivisions;
- (6) "political subdivision" includes an instrumentality of the state or of a political subdivision, or of the state and a
political subdivision, but only if the instrumentality is a juristic entity legally separate and distinct from the
state or the political subdivision and only if its employees are not, by virtue of their relation to the juristic
entity, employees of the state or the political subdivision;
- (7) "Social Security Act" means the Act of Congress approved August 14, 1935, chapter 531, 49 Stat. 620, cited as the
"Social Security Act," including regulations and requirements issued under it, and its amendments;
- (8) "wages" means remuneration for employment, including the cash value of remuneration paid in any medium other than
cash, except that "wages" does not include that part of remuneration that, even if it were for "employment" within the
meaning of the Federal Insurance Contributions Act, would not constitute "wages" within the meaning of that Act.
Article 02. GROUP LIFE AND HEALTH INSURANCE
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.