- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 30. Insurance and Supplemental Employee Benefits
- Section 10. Federal Territorial Agreement.
previous: Chapter 30
. Insurance and Supplemental Employee Benefits
next: Section 20
. Contributions By Employees.
AS 39.30.010. Federal Territorial Agreement.
- (a) The director of finance, with the approval of the governor, may on behalf of the territory enter into an agreement
with the Federal Security Administrator, consistent with AS 39.30.010
- 39.30.080, for the purpose of extending the
benefits of the federal old age and survivors insurance system to employees of the territory or a political subdivision
with respect to services specified in the agreement that constitute employment.
- (b) The agreement may contain provisions relating to coverage, benefits, contributions, effective date, modification and
termination of the agreement, administration, and other appropriate provisions that the parties agree upon, but, except
as may be otherwise required under the Social Security Act as to the services to be covered, the agreement shall
provide in effect that
- (1) benefits will be provided for employees whose services are covered by the agreement, and their dependents and
survivors, on the same basis as though the services constituted employment within the meaning of 42 U.S.C. 401 - 433
(Title II, Social Security Act);
- (2) the territory will pay to the secretary of the treasury, as may be prescribed under 42 U.S.C. 301 - 1397f (Social
Security Act), contributions with respect to wages equal to the sum of the taxes that would be imposed by 26 U.S.C.
3101 and 3111 (Federal Insurance Contributions Act) if the services covered by the agreement constituted employment
within the meaning of that act;
- (3) the agreement shall be effective with respect to services in employment covered by the agreement performed from the
date specified in it or, as to services to which the agreement is extended by a modification to it, from the date
specified in the modification;
- (4) all services that constitute employment and are performed in the employ of the territory by employees of the territory
shall be covered by the agreement; and
- (5) all services which (A) constitute employment, (B) are performed in the employ of a political subdivision of the
territory, and (C) are covered by a plan which conforms to the agreement and is approved as set out in AS 39.30.030
shall be covered by the agreement.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.