- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 25. State Personnel Act
- Section 70. Powers and Duties of Personnel Board.
previous: Section 60
. Personnel Board.
next: Section 80
. Personnel Records Confidential; Exceptions.
AS 39.25.070. Powers and Duties of Personnel Board.
In addition to the other duties imposed by this chapter, the personnel board shall
- (1) approve or disapprove amendments to the personnel rules in accordance with AS 39.25.140
- (2) consider and act upon recommendations for the extension of the partially exempt service and the classified service as
provided in AS 39.25.130;
- (3) hear and determine appeals by employees in the classified service as provided in AS 39.25.170
- (4) establish its own rules of procedure; two members constitute a quorum for the transaction of business and two
affirmative votes are required for final action on matters acted upon by the board;
- (5) elect a chair from its membership;
- (6) have the power to administer oaths, subpoena witnesses, and compel the production of books and papers pertinent to a
hearing authorized by this chapter;
- (7) employ staff members, who shall be in the classified service;
- (8) carry out its powers and duties under AS 39.52.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.