- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 20. Compensation, Allowances, and Leave
- Section 530. Application to Other Laws.
previous: Section 520
. Employee Transfer.
next: Section 540
. Investigation and Conciliation of Complaints.
AS 39.20.530. Application to Other Laws.
- (a) The provisions of AS 39.20.500
- 39.20.550 do not affect any other provision of law
relating to sex discrimination, pregnancy, or parenthood.
- (b) The provisions of AS 39.20.500
- 39.20.550 are subject to collective bargaining.
However, except as provided in (c) of this section, a collective bargaining contract that does not contain benefit
provisions at least as beneficial to the employee as those provided by AS 39.20.500
- 39.20.550 shall be considered to contain the
benefit provisions of those statutes.
- (c) The commissioner of education and early development may approve a collective bargaining agreement entered into between
a school district or a regional educational attendance area and a bargaining organization representing certificated
employees that does not meet the leave requirements of AS 39.20.500
- 39.20.550, if the district or attendance area
establishes to the satisfaction of the commissioner that a variance from the requirements of AS 39.20.500
- 39.20.550 is necessary to avoid a hardship on the
school district based on the lack of qualified, available substitute teachers to replace teachers on leave under AS 39.20.500
- 39.20.550 or the lack of available housing for
replacement teachers who do not live in the community.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.