- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 20. Compensation, Allowances, and Leave
- Section 520. Employee Transfer.
previous: Section 510
. Employee Notice.
next: Section 530
. Application to Other Laws.
AS 39.20.520. Employee Transfer.
- (a) A pregnant employee may request a transfer to a suitable position under this section. An employer may not fill the
position with a person other than the requesting employee until the employer has offered the position to the employee
and the employee has refused the offer. A position is suitable if
- (1) it is an existing unfilled position in the same administrative division in which the employee is currently employed
and is less strenuous or less hazardous than the employee's current position;
- (2) transfer to the position is recommended by a licensed health care provider;
- (3) the employee is qualified and immediately able to perform the duties of the position; and
- (4) the transfer will not subject the employer to legal liability under a collective bargaining contract or employment
- (b) An employer shall compensate an employee who receives a transfer under this section at a rate at least equal to the
lesser of the rate, as adjusted by changes to compensation that apply generally to the work force, at which
- (1) the employee was compensated immediately before requesting the transfer; or
- (2) the position into which the employee transfers is compensated.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.