- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 38. Public Land
- Chapter 5. Alaska Land Act
- Section 30. Exceptions.
previous: Section 27
. Cooperative Resource Management or Development Agreements.
next: Section 32
. School Land Disposition Procedures. [Repealed, Sec. 20 Ch 182 SLA 1978].
AS 38.05.030. Exceptions.
- (a) [Repealed, Sec. 88 ch 152 SLA 1984].
- (b) The provisions of this chapter do not apply to any power, duty or authority now or in the future granted to the
Department of Transportation and Public Facilities in the name of the state, to acquire, use, lease, dispose of, or
exchange real property, or any interest in real property. Land assigned by the division of lands to the Department of
Transportation and Public Facilities shall be returned to the management of the division of lands when it is no longer
needed for the purposes assigned.
- (c) In addition to the requirements specified in AS 38.50.090
, the agencies referred to in (b) of this section and other state agencies with authority to acquire or dispose of land
shall give written notification of the fact of acquisition, lease, disposal, or exchange to the commissioner within
three months after the date that they make the acquisition, lease, disposal, or exchange.
- (d) Except for land that is required to be returned to the department under (b) of this section, the Department of
Transportation and Public Facilities may dispose of real property acquired by it under AS 02.15.070, AS 19.05.040
(1) and (2), 19.05.080 - 19.05.120, AS 35.05.040(1) and (2), and AS 35.20.010
- 35.20.050. Land conveyed under this section to a
municipality for less than fair market value shall be credited against the municipality's entitlement under AS 29.65.
- (e) [Repealed, Sec. 20 ch 182 SLA 1978].
- (f) Land owned by the Board of Regents of the University of Alaska is not subject to this chapter.
- (g) This chapter does not authorize the commissioner or any employee of the department to acquire title to real property
through the use of lease-purchase agreements or lease-financing agreements in which the department is the lessor. For
purposes of this section, "lease-purchase agreement" and "lease-financing agreement" have the meanings given those
terms in AS 36.30.990
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.