- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 35. Public Buildings, Works, and Improvements
- Chapter 5. Administration
- Section 40. Powers of Department.
previous: Section 30
. Duties of Department.
next: Section 50
. Federal Aid.
AS 35.05.040. Powers of Department.
The department may
- (1) acquire property;
- (2) exercise the power of eminent domain;
- (3) take immediate possession of real property, or any interest in it under a declaration of taking or by other lawful
- (4) acquire rights-of-way for present or future use;
- (5) dispose of excess property or property rights;
- (6) accept and dispose of federal funds or property available for public works construction, maintenance, or equipment;
- (7) enter into contracts or agreements relating to public works with the federal government and political subdivisions,
and also enter into contracts with a foreign government if approved by the federal government;
- (8) exercise any other power necessary to carry out the purpose of this title;
- (9) lease or grant land or any interest in land to the Alaska Housing Finance Corporation for a purpose set out in AS 18.55.100
- 18.55.960 on terms and conditions prescribed by the
- (10) procure directly materials, labor, and contractual services for planning, designing, and constructing public
facilities of the state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.