Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 19. Highways and Ferries
- Chapter 5. Administration
- Section 40. Powers of Department.
previous: Section 30
. Duties of Department.
next: Section 43
. Child Safety Device Loan Program.
AS 19.05.040. Powers of Department.
The department may
- (1) acquire property;
- (2) exercise the power of eminent domain;
- (3) take immediate possession of real property, or any interest in real property under a declaration of taking or by other lawful
- (4) acquire rights-of-way for present or future use;
- (5) control access to highways;
- (6) regulate roadside development;
- (7) preserve and maintain the scenic beauty along state highways;
- (8) dispose of property acquired for highway purposes;
- (9) accept and dispose of federal funds or property available for highway construction, maintenance, or equipment;
- (10) enter into contracts or agreements relating to highways with the federal government, municipalities, a political
subdivision, or with a foreign government, if the contract is approved by the federal government;
- (11) establish, levy, and collect tolls, fees, charges, and rentals for the use of state roads, highways, bridges, tunnels,
crossings, and causeways;
- (12) exercise any other power necessary to carry out the purpose of AS 19.05 - AS 19.25; and
- (13) award and administer grants authorized by appropriation by the legislature.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.