Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 20. Motor Vehicle Safety Responsibility Act
- Section 60. Exceptions to Requirement of Security.
previous: Section 50
. Application of Chapter.
next: Section 70
. Requirements as to Policy or Bond.
AS 28.20.060. Exceptions to Requirement of Security.
The requirements as to security and suspension in this chapter do not apply to
- (1) the driver or owner if the owner had in effect at the time of the accident an automobile liability policy or bond with
respect to the vehicle involved in the accident, except that a driver is not exempt if at the time of the accident the
vehicle was operated without the owner's express or implied permission;
- (2) the driver who is not the owner if there was in effect at the time of the accident an automobile liability policy or
bond with respect to the person's driving of vehicles not owned by the driver;
- (3) a driver or owner whose liability for damages resulting from the accident is, in the judgment of the department,
covered by another form of liability insurance policy or bond;
- (4) a person qualifying as a self-insurer under AS 28.20.400
or to a person operating a vehicle for a self-insurer;
- (5) the driver or owner of a vehicle involved in an accident in which no injury or damage was caused to the person or
property of anyone other than the driver or owner;
- (6) the driver or owner of a vehicle that at the time of the accident was parked, unless the vehicle was parked at a place
where parking was at the time of the accident prohibited by a law or ordinance;
- (7) the owner of a vehicle if at the time of the accident the vehicle was operated without the owner's express or implied
permission or was parked by a person who had been operating the vehicle without the owner's permission;
- (8) the owner of a vehicle or the driver of a vehicle operating it with permission if at the time of the accident the
vehicle was owned or leased to the United States, this state or a political subdivision of this state or a municipality
of the state; or
- (9) the driver or the owner of a vehicle if at the time of the accident the vehicle was operated by or under the direction
of a police officer who, in the performance of official duties, assumed custody of the vehicle.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.