Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 10. Vehicle Registration, Liens, and Title
- Section 41. Grounds For Refusing Registration.
previous: Section 40
. Registration. [Repealed, Sec. 7 Ch 178 SLA 1978].
next: Section 50
. Application. [Repealed, Sec. 7 Ch 178 SLA 1978].
AS 28.10.041. Grounds For Refusing Registration.
- (a) The department may refuse to register a vehicle if
- (1) the application contains a false or fraudulent statement;
- (2) the applicant fails to furnish information required by the department;
- (3) the applicant is not entitled to the issuance of a certificate of title or registration under this chapter;
- (4) the vehicle is determined to be mechanically unsafe to be driven or moved on a highway, vehicular way or area, or
other public property in the state;
- (5) the department has reasonable grounds to believe that the vehicle was stolen or fraudulently acquired or that the
granting of registration would be a fraud against the rightful owner or other person having a valid lien upon the
- (6) the registration of the vehicle has been suspended or revoked for any reason under the laws of the state;
- (7) the required fees or taxes have not been paid;
- (8) the vehicle or applicant fails to comply with this chapter or regulations implementing this section;
- (9) the vehicle is without a certificate of inspection required under AS 19.10.310
- (10) except for a vehicle to be registered under AS 28.10.152
, the vehicle is subject to a state-approved emission inspection program adopted under AS 46.14.400
or 46.14.510, and the vehicle does not meet the
standards of that program;
- (11) the applicant fails to certify to the department the existence of a motor vehicle liability policy that complies with
for the vehicle being registered unless the owner of the vehicle qualifies as a self-insurer under AS 28.20.400
or is exempted from obtaining liability insurance under AS 28.22.011
- (b) When the department refuses to register a vehicle, it shall immediately notify the applicant stating the reasons for
the action and informing the applicant of the right to a hearing under AS 28.05.131
- (c) Except for a vehicle to be registered under AS 28.10.152
, the department shall refuse to register a vehicle subject to the federal heavy vehicle use tax required by 26 U.S.C.
4481 (Internal Revenue Code of 1954) if the applicant fails to furnish proof, in the form prescribed by the United
States Secretary of the Treasury, that the tax has been paid.
- (d) The department shall refuse to register a vehicle if the applicant fails to register the vehicle using the applicant's
full first, middle, and last name or a business name.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.