Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 10. Vehicle Registration, Liens, and Title
- Section 11. Vehicles Subject to Registration.
previous: Section 10
. Administration. [Repealed, Sec. 7 Ch 178 SLA 1978].
next: Section 20
. Powers and Duties. [Repealed, Sec. 7 Ch 178 SLA 1978].
AS 28.10.011. Vehicles Subject to Registration.
Every vehicle driven, moved, or parked upon a highway or other public parking place in the state shall be registered
under this chapter except when the vehicle is
- (1) driven or moved on a highway only for the purpose of crossing the highway from one private property to another,
including an implement of husbandry as defined by regulation;
- (2) driven or moved on a highway under a dealer's plate or temporary permit as provided for in AS 28.10.031
- (3) special mobile equipment as defined by regulation;
- (4) owned by the United States;
- (5) moved by human or animal power;
- (6) exempt under 50 U.S.C. App. 501-591 (Soldiers' and Sailors' Civil Relief Act);
- (7) driven or parked only on private property;
- (8) the vehicle of a nonresident as provided under AS 28.10.121
- (9) transported under a special permit under AS 28.10.151
- (10) being driven or moved on a highway, vehicular way, or a public parking place in the state that is not connected by a
land highway or vehicular way to
- (A) the land-connected state highway system; or
- (B) a highway or vehicular way with an average daily traffic volume greater than 499;
- (11) an implement of husbandry operated in accordance with the provisions of AS 19.10.065
- (12) an electric personal motor vehicle.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.