Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 10. Employment Practices and Working Conditions
- Section 650. Training of Test Administrators.
previous: Section 645
. On-Site Testing.
next: Section 655
. Disciplinary Procedures.
AS 23.10.650. Training of Test Administrators.
- (a) Each employer shall ensure that at least one designated employee receives at least 60 minutes of training on alcohol
misuse and at least an additional 60 minutes of training on the use of controlled substances. The training will be used
by the designee to determine whether reasonable suspicion exists to require an employee to undergo testing under AS 23.10.630
- (b) If an employer administers on-site drug or alcohol tests to test employees or prospective employees under AS 23.10.645
, the employer shall ensure that each person who will be administering the on-site test receives training and meets the
qualifications of this subsection. An on-site test administrator must
- (1) have been trained by the manufacturer of the test or the manufacturer's representative on the proper procedure for
administering the test and accurate evaluation of on-site test results; training must be conducted in person by a
trainer from the manufacturer or the manufacturer's representative;
- (2) be certified in writing by the manufacturer or the manufacturer's representative as competent to administer and
evaluate the on-site test;
- (3) have been trained to recognize adulteration of a sample to be used in on-site testing; and
- (4) sign a statement that clearly states that the on-site test administrator will hold all information related to any
phase of a drug test confidential.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.