Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 10. Employment Practices and Working Conditions
- Section 630. Collection of Samples.
previous: Section 620
. Employer Policy.
next: Section 640
. Testing Procedures.
AS 23.10.630. Collection of Samples.
- (a) An employer may test an employee for the presence of drugs or for alcohol impairment. An employer may test a
prospective employee for the presence of drugs.
- (b) In order to test reliably, an employer may require an employee or prospective employee to provide a sample of the
individual's urine or breath and to present reliable individual identification to the person collecting the sample.
Collection of the sample must conform to the requirements of AS 23.10.600
- 23.10.699. The employer may designate the type of
sample to be used for testing.
- (c) An employer shall normally schedule a drug test or an alcohol impairment test of employees during, or immediately
before or after, a regular work period. Alcohol impairment or drug testing required by an employer is considered to be
work time for the purposes of compensation and benefits for current employees. Sample collection shall be performed in
a manner that guarantees the individual's privacy to the maximum extent consistent with ensuring that the sample is not
contaminated, adulterated, or misidentified.
- (d) An employer shall pay the entire actual costs for drug testing and alcohol impairment testing required of employees
and prospective employees. An employer shall also pay reasonable transportation costs to an employee if the required
test is conducted at a location other than the employee's normal work site.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.