Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 10. Employment Practices and Working Conditions
- Section 655. Disciplinary Procedures.
previous: Section 650
. Training of Test Administrators.
next: Section 660
. Confidentiality of Results; Access to Records.
AS 23.10.655. Disciplinary Procedures.
- (a) An employer may take adverse employment action based on
- (1) a positive drug test or alcohol impairment test result that indicates a violation of the employer's written policy;
- (2) the refusal of an employee or prospective employee to provide a drug testing sample; or
- (3) the refusal of an employee to provide an alcohol impairment testing sample.
- (b) Adverse employment action under (a) of this section may include
- (1) a requirement that the employee enroll in an employer provided or employer approved rehabilitation, treatment, or
counseling program; the program may include additional drug testing and alcohol impairment testing; the employer may
require participation in the program as a condition of employment; costs of participating in the program may or may not
be covered by the employer's health plan or policies;
- (2) suspension of the employee, with or without pay, for a designated period of time;
- (3) termination of employment;
- (4) in case of drug testing, refusal to hire a prospective employee; and
- (5) other adverse employment action.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.