Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 55. State Health Insurance
- Section 340. Solicitation of Eligible Persons.
previous: Section 330
. Effective Date of Policies.
next: Section 400
. Duties of Director.
AS 21.55.340. Solicitation of Eligible Persons.
- (a) The association, under a plan approved by the director, shall disseminate appropriate information to the residents of
the state regarding the existence of the state plans and the means of enrollment. Means of communication may include
use of the press, radio, and television, as well as publication in appropriate state offices and publications.
- (b) The association shall devise and implement means of maintaining public awareness of the provisions of this chapter
regarding the state plans and shall administer this chapter in a manner that facilitates public participation in the
- (c) A person may not sell or market a qualified state plan unless the person is acting within the scope of a license
issued in this state.
- (d) An insurer or hospital or medical service corporation that rejects or applies underwriting restrictions to an
applicant for a subscriber contract, a health insurance policy, or a Medicare supplement plan in the state shall notify
the applicant of the existence of the state plans, the requirements for being accepted, and the procedure for applying.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.