Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 55. State Health Insurance
- Section 330. Effective Date of Policies.
previous: Section 320
. Plan Administrator's Response.
next: Section 340
. Solicitation of Eligible Persons.
AS 21.55.330. Effective Date of Policies.
- (a) Except as provided in (b) of this section and AS 21.55.130
(c), insurance under a state plan is effective immediately upon receipt of the first premium, and is retroactive to the
date of the application, if the applicant otherwise complies with the requirements of this chapter.
- (b) Insurance under a state plan is effective retroactively to the date that the person's previous contract or policy
terminated if the person
- (1) applies for a state plan within 60 days after the previous contract or policy terminated;
- (2) is accepted by the plan administrator; and
- (3) pays a specified premium for the period of retroactive coverage.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.