Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 19. Highways and Ferries
- Chapter 10. State Highway System
- Section 270. Highway Construction Near Airports.
previous: Section 260
. Replacement of Permanent Markers and Filing of Right-of-Way Map After Construction.
next: Section 280
. [Renumbered as AS 19.20.015
AS 19.10.270. Highway Construction Near Airports.
- (a) A person may not construct, reconstruct, relocate, or extend a federal-aid highway within two miles of an airport,
airstrip, or private air facility without first obtaining the written approval of the commissioner, as provided by
- (b) The commissioner may not approve the construction, reconstruction, relocation, or extension of a highway under this
section if the construction would constitute a hazard to the traveling public or if the construction would otherwise
not be in the public interest.
- (c) The commissioner shall adopt regulations to implement the purpose of this section that are consistent with standards
established by participating federal agencies.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.