Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 67. Violent Crimes Compensation Board
- Section 90. Recovery From Collateral Source.
previous: Section 80
. Awarding Compensation.
next: Section 100
. [Repealed, Sec. 6 Ch 35 SLA 1979].
AS 18.67.090. Recovery From Collateral Source.
- (a) Up to the maximum set in AS 18.67.130
(c), the board may award compensation for losses and expenses allowable under AS 18.67.110
for which the applicant is not compensated by the offender or a person on behalf of the offender, or by the United
States, a state, or any of its subdivisions or agencies, or a private source or emergency awards under AS 18.67.120
, for injury or death compensable under this chapter.
- (b) If compensation is awarded under this chapter and the person receiving it also receives a collateral sum under (a) of
this section that has not been deducted from it, the board may require that the person refund either the amount of the
collateral sum or the amount of compensation paid to the person under this chapter, whichever is less.
- (c) Notwithstanding the provisions of (a) and (b) of this section, in the case of the death of a victim, the value of a
life insurance policy may not be considered a collateral sum that may be deducted under this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.