Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 65. Police Protection
- Section 510. Domestic Violence Training.
previous: Section 500
. Use of Armed Bodyguards.
next: Section 515
. Duties of Peace Officer in a Crime Involving Domestic Violence.
AS 18.65.510. Domestic Violence Training.
- (a) Each established police training program in the state shall provide training that acquaints police officers with
- (1) laws relating to substantive crimes and rules of criminal procedure applicable in cases involving domestic violence;
- (2) techniques for handling incidents of domestic violence that promote the safety of the victim and the officer and that
reduce the likelihood of recurrence;
- (3) the investigation and management of cases involving domestic violence and report writing for those cases;
- (4) organizations in the state that offer aid or shelter to victims of domestic violence;
- (5) procedures applicable in the prosecution of cases involving domestic violence;
- (6) orders that may be issued by or filed with a court under AS 18.66.100 - 18.66.180;
- (7) the notification to be given to victims of domestic violence under AS 18.65.520
- (8) the subjects set out in AS 18.66.310
- (b) In providing a training program under this section, each agency or institution offering an established police training
program shall consult with the Council on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault and interested individuals and
organizations providing assistance to victims of domestic violence.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.