Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 55. Housing, Public Buildings, Urban Renewal, and Regional Housing Authorities
- Section 470. Definitions.
previous: Section 460
. Preference For State Professional and Contractors' Services.
next: Section 480
. Findings and Declaration of Necessity.
AS 18.55.470. Definitions.
In AS 18.55.300
- (1) "corporation" means the Alaska Housing Finance Corporation;
- (2) "moderate cost" means a cost determined by the corporation that is below the level at which private enterprise is
currently building a needed volume of reasonably safe and sanitary dwellings for sale in the locality involved;
- (3) "moderate rental" means a rental rate determined by the corporation that is below the level at which the dwellings are
currently being offered for rent by private persons in the locality involved;
- (4) "veteran" means a person
- (A) honorably separated from the military service of the United States who has at any time resided continuously for at
least a year in the state and who served in the armed forces of the United States for at least 90 days or whose service
was for less than 90 days because of injury or disability incurred in the line of duty, between
- (i) September 16, 1940, and July 25, 1947;
- (ii) June 25, 1950, and January 31, 1955; or
- (iii) August 4, 1964, and November 7, 1975;
- (B) who served in the Alaska Territorial Guard for at least 90 days or whose service was for less than 90 days because of
injury or disability incurred in the line of duty, and who has at any time resided continuously for at least a year in
- (C) who is the spouse or widow or widower of a person described under (A) or (B) of this paragraph.
Article 03. SLUM CLEARANCE AND REDEVELOPMENT ACT
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.