Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 40. Commercial Use of Fish and Game
- Section 210. Finfish Farming Prohibited.
previous: Section 199
next: Section 240
. Regional Dive Fishery Development Associations.
AS 16.40.210. Finfish Farming Prohibited.
- (a) A person may not grow or cultivate finfish in captivity or under positive control for commercial purposes.
- (b) This section does not restrict
- (1) the fishery rehabilitation, enhancement, or development activities of the department;
- (2) the ability of a nonprofit corporation that holds a salmon hatchery permit under AS 16.10.400
to sell salmon returning from the natural water of the state, as authorized under AS 16.10.450
, or surplus salmon eggs, as authorized under AS 16.10.420
- (3) rearing and sale of ornamental finfish for aquariums or ornamental ponds provided that the fish are not reared in or
released into water of the state.
- (c) In this section "ornamental finfish" means fish commonly known as "tropical fish," "aquarium fish," or "goldfish,"
that are imported, cultured, or sold in the state customarily for viewing in aquaria or for raising in artificial
systems, and not customarily used for sport fishing or human consumption purposes.
Article 04. FISHERY ASSOCIATIONS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.