Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 40. Commercial Use of Fish and Game
- Section 240. Regional Dive Fishery Development Associations.
previous: Section 210
. Finfish Farming Prohibited.
next: Section 250
. Salmon Fishery Associations.
AS 16.40.240. Regional Dive Fishery Development Associations.
- (a) The commissioner shall assist in and encourage the formation of qualified regional dive fishery development
associations for the purpose of developing dive fisheries in administrative areas of the state in which dive fisheries
exist. A regional dive fishery development association is qualified if the commissioner determines that the regional
- (1) is incorporated as a nonprofit corporation under AS 10.20;
- (2) represents commercial fishermen who participate in each dive fishery in the region; and
- (3) possesses a board of directors that
- (A) is representative of commercial dive fishermen who fish in each of the significant commercial dive fishing areas in
the administrative area;
- (B) has a member who is representative of fish processors who process dive fishery resources in the administrative area;
- (C) has a member who is representative of municipalities in the administrative area.
- (b) In this section, "administrative area" has the meaning given in AS 43.76.210.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.